Athletigen is a user-focused business where education, awareness, and advancement of the field of personalized genetics are as important to us as great collaborative design solutions. We are seeking an Senior Sales & Marketing Manager. Reporting directly to the COO, this critical position will launch the company into its next phase of growth. The ideal candidate is passionate, driven to succeed and to help others do the same. We’re a young company – in the beginning you’ll be building systems, getting out in the field to meet our customers and executing on important details. Your efforts to drive sales success will enable you to build and grow your team and shift more of your focus to work with the management team to create our strategic direction.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Achieve marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determine annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplish marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identify marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Accomplish marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and performance managing employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development under the guidance of the Chief Technology and Product Officer.
- Create, build and maintain relationships with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Continuous learning and bringing best practices in Sales, Marketing and Communications to the team.
What You Bring:
- Ability to understand application of health, wellness, sport science & genetics for athletes/coaches/general public
- Strong Business acumen (stats, finance, marketing)
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills to inspire performance
- Exceptional ability to write, design & communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- Highly motivated with a genuine drive to succeed
- Skill & confidence to own the Sales and Marketing Process
- High Performance Sport experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, economics, or other related business discipline.
Minimum 5 years prior experience in Business Development, Marketing, Leading Teams.
What We Offer:
We empower our employees to take independent initiative, to be creative with their problem solving and to be drivers of progress. We believe good ideas can come from anyone regardless of their background and experience level.
We offer a competitive salary, group health benefits and access to our Employee Share Option Plan. The coffee is free everyday, breakfast provided Fridays and we have the requisite ping pong table.
Location: We have offices in Halifax & Toronto. Remote work considered for the right candidate.
Contact: Sound like home for you? Please send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. and help us accelerate discovery by delivering genetics to everyone.